Friday, January 14, 2011

Two Weeks In & I'm Doing Great!


January 1st
What a wonderful surprise it was to come home to a message from Nate. Paul got to reunite with two of his favorite mission buddies. We met Nate and Bobby at Rumbi where we talked and laughed for hours. I love watching these three together. They have an amazing bond. What a great way to start the new year! 


January 2nd

Poor little buddy. Andrew didn't feel well and stayed home from church. He slept most the day. He's just so sweet when he's sick. I just want to cuddle him. 


Jan 3rd

There is A LOT of fabric out there that I really like but once in a while there is a line that just speaks to me. Most recently it's Moda's Bliss. I have bought enough material to make three quilts with this line but I am so afraid of messing it up I don't have to courage to cut into it. 


Jan 4th

Emma practiced sewing on her new machine today. It wasn't all butterflies and flowers along the way. There were some harsh words exchanged, and many stitches picked out, but in the end she made this adorable pillowcase. 


Jan 5th

I'm still looking at this yummy, happy fabric that has been sitting on my end table for days. I'm also still too afraid to cut it...


Jan 6th

Today was my first snowshoe adventure. We covered a three mile loop that I thought would never end. It was gorgeous but I never want to exercise for that long again in my life!


Jan 7th

Today I had to drive Paul to the dentist. He wasn't able to drive himself since he was high on valium.  While I was waiting for him to finish up I got myself a burger and sweet potato fries. Hello! It was so good. 


Jan 8th

Today we went to Peaks arena to ice skate. We actually had a good time! Andrew went in with a positive attitude and skated really well. I'm proud of him for trying so hard.


Jan 9th

I'm sure glad we bought a piano. If we hadn't there would be no place for toy soldier wars.


Jan 10th

Today was our second new recipe of the month. It's italian beef and we ate it on sandwich rolls. Yum! 


Jan 11th

Every once in a while the kids get along well. For a brief moment today there was no screaming. There weren't any insults. I just happened to catch a cute moment of sharing between brother and sister. 


Jan 12th

It won't be long before we have a "brace face". Emma went in for her consultation today and should her braces within the next month or so. She can't wait. She doesn't have a clue...


Jan 13th

Today I put my ipod in the dock, shuffled my awesome songs mix and went to work folding loads and loads and loads of laundry. It feels so good to have it done! 

1 comment:

  1. I was so excited to see that you are doing a 365 blog again!

    I did a 365 in 2009 (which is probably when I happened to find your 365 blog). I also continued Debbie's Blog. In 2010 I decided not to do a 365 and merged my 2009 365 blog into Debbie's Blog. At first I felt a sense of relief, no more picture a day and I only had to keep up one blog. Eventually I realized that I really missed it and also I was slacking taking pictures of the everyday stuff. So, starting in July 2010 I started taking a picture a day but keeping it all in Debbie's Blog. It worked good for me. I felt like I had the best of both worlds, one blog, but a picture a day.

    The key is to find what works best for you, something that stays fun.

    ReplyDelete